What is a boxed LCD screen?
LCD stands for “liquid crystal display” screen which we have built into a presentation box. The LCD was needed so that sales and marketing people could show videos during client presentations.
Why design an LCD presentation box as marketing collateral?
A well-designed, customized LCD presentation may be the most convincing and cost-effective one-on-one sales presentation method in existence!
The photos below are of a job we produced for our client.
Our client, a graphic arts designer, was designing marketing collateral and needed a presentation box. This project required six sketch designs, two prototypes and four meetings before production started. The client had 8 requirements:
- Easy to transport (and maybe drop) without damage to the LCD screen
- Easy to activate the LCD and progress through sales presentation to clients
- Match corporate colours
- Be composed of largely recycled materials
- Visually appealing
- Unique, customized
- Be produced within the required time frame
- Stay within a specified budget
We accomplished all eight requirements!
- Captures attention of clients
- Tells the client story vividly and compellingly
Factors to consider
- Choice of LCD is critical: how big does the LCD screen have to be? How long is the video presentation? Is the presentation to one person or a group?
- Will the LCD be ready/available in the CONTEXT OF YOUR PRODUCTION DEADLINE?
- How is the presentation box to be positioned during the presentation? On a desk? Held in hand?