What do clipboards have to do with a bindery; more than you might think! Clipboards can be a marketing/sales tool. The “board” can be made of metal (see picture #22), plastic, wood or slate. As you can see from these pictures the “clip” portion can be metal or plastic; various colours, various styles, various surface textures and various opening mechanism…let your imagination wander.
For customized “Clipboards” we can do all of the following
- Wrap and four side sew cloth around and over the board (see picture #6)
- Screen-print the “board” (see picture #2, #4, #15)
- Die-cut “shape” the board
- Mount 2 different “board” colours together so the back and front are different colours
- Foil stamp
- Mount smaller pieces to the “board” to give a more dramatic effect
- Mount “clip mechanism” with various styles of screws and of different colours (see picture #8)
- Backers made out of wood! (see picture #18, #25)
- Paint the “clip” (see picture #1)
Picture #13 is an aged clipboard that to reproduce can have the “metal clip” dip in a chemical and the “board” can be screened printed to the effect wanted
- metal/plastic screws hold the clip!
- in a coordinated component of collateral marketing; material clipboards can be very distinctive
Factors to consider
- some “clips” can in a worst case scenario take 3-4 weeks to produce