In previous blogs, I’ve described some unusual ways to bind books with buttons (Rollabind), elastic bands and metal bolts. This week’s focus is on a binding style which is a little more common – books bound with metal eyelets!
The following pictures show eyelets of different colours, dimensions and thicknesses. Books bound with eyelets are bound permanently; sheets cannot re added or removed. The eyelets come in a wide range of colours. The most common colours by a wide margin are copper, silver, black and white. Other colours can sometimes require a longer delivery time.
- Always round with scores of different rims or edge styles
- Wide range of colours
- Very durable
- Unusual, distinctive and memorable
- Eyelets colours can be coordinated with printed copy
- Eyelet booklets can sometimes be inserted in ring binders
Factors to Consider
- Eyelet bound books are more expensive than flat stitched or saddle stitched and perfect binding styles of binding
- Maximum thickness is 3/8”
- Certain diameters, thicknesses and colours are always quickly available
For more information regarding our services please contact Anstey Book Binding, Binding and Finishers by phone at 416 757 9991 or by email email@example.com. We always appreciate your questions and comments.