What do metal corners have to do with binding? Well, see the following pictures. We attach metal corners to ring binders, hard back books, soft covered books, and easel stands. The corners are actually metal. The corners come in literally 100’s of different sizes, shapes and surfaces. Most corners are square; some are rounded. Surfaces can be shiny, etched, matted or embossed.
There are numerous thicknesses and sizes and shapes. Some have “etched” edges, like in the image below.
- Varied surfaces
- Protects corners from curling or bending
- Increases the perceived value of the product
- Is very distinctive
- Differentiates the product
Factors to Consider
- Very rarely comes in colours other than silver, black, brown, orange & gold
- Testing is usually required because the exact colour, style and finish you want, might NOT come in the thickness your job requires!